In the Bookcase

1/02/2013

What my January will be filled with.

L. M. Montgomery Reading Challenge

To start out the new year of 2013 with some great books, I'm joining up with Carrie's reading challenge for January. This 1-month adventure is all about the writings of the beloved L.M. Montgomery (author of the famous Anne of the Green Gables novels).

So, my picks for the month include:

The Story Girl

The Story Girl by L.M. Montgomery

[ ...and the sequel... ]

The Golden Road

The Golden Road by L.M. Montgomery


I just started in reading The Story Girl, and instantly I was greeted by the lovely style Mrs. Montgomery emits. The very first page:

"I do like a road, because you can be always wondering what is at the end of it."

The Story Girl said that once upon a time. Felix and I, on the May morning when we left Toronto for Prince Edward Island, had not then heard her say it, and, indeed, were but barely aware of the existence of such a person as the Story Girl....

Want to read along?
Reading to Know - Book Club


2 comments:

  1. I've read a number of Lucy Maud Montgomery's short stories. Never did get around to finishing the Story Girl though. Project Gutenberg has many sets of Montgomery's short stories. I may tackle those this year. Good luck with your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad that you are "in" and are reading along for the challenge (and are already enjoying it). Can't wait to hear your thoughts when you are done!

    ReplyDelete