In the Bookcase

12/27/2013

Favorite Finds #44

Here we are at the last Friday of the year. The last of the Favorite Finds that I'll be sharing with you in 2013. Who knows what delights I'll be sharing in 2014?! So then, take a look through some of these pages if you like. They're just a few things I happened to enjoy myself.

To start out the list... a couple more reading challenges I plan to take on...


Lucy Maud Montgomery Reading Challenge

{Reading to Know}

I'm excited to again partake in Carrie's January challenge! I plan to read the book I won from her blog last year (yay!), Akin to Anne, and also join her in reading The Blue Castle (which I downloaded online for free). Come join us if you're interested in reading any of LMM's writings for this next month!


Read Scotland 2014

{Peggy Ann's Post}

When I was invited to take part in a Scottish reading challenge, I couldn't resist! I'm joining at the "The Highlander" level, hoping to read 8 books by Scottish authors this year, including: The Sign of Four and The Hound of Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Duncan's War by Douglas Bond, The Golden Key and The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald, The Young Fur Traders by R. M. Ballantyne, The Far Side of the Loch by Melissa Wiley, & The Keys of the Kingdom by A. J. Cronin. A good selection of literature by Scots, if I do say so myself.


I Scarce Can Take It In

{Inspiring Daring}

In Rachelle's words: "....Christmas isn't over, you know. The day has dawned and gone, but that Baby, that Man, that Savior, He lives. And He loves...."


5 Things Photography Has Taught Me about Creativity

{HOW Design}

My sentiments exactly! Photography has opened my brain into other angles of creative thinking that I wouldn't have achieved otherwise.


A few photographs of a festive hedgehog

{Sword of Ink}

Hedgehogs are just soo cute. But this one takes the cake!



4 comments:

  1. There are a lot of R. M. Ballantyne's books on Project Gutenberg but I've yet to read any. You'll have to let us know what you think of his book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. J. G. Burdette, I've only read 1 other book from Ballantyne, and it instantly became a favorite! It was "The Coral Island", and it's been a couple years since I've read it now, so I'm quite anticipating the next one I'll read in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fortuitous that you won The Blue Castle from me last year!! :D

    I always seem to find several copies of The Blue Castle throughout the year but not this year! I found different titles to give away so if you are still building a LMM collection, you'll want to look for that. (I LOVE finding them and spreading them around!)

    SO GLAD you are going to read along with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I'm also reading Akin to Anne!!

    ReplyDelete