In the Bookcase

1/06/2014

Top 10 favorite books of 2013!

At the end of each year, the bookworm inside of me loves to look over all the beautiful books I finished that year, and write out my top 10 favorites. And then I share it with you.

In no particular order, my favorite reads of 2013:


Through Gates of Splendor by Elisabeth Elliot {my review}

The Story Girl by L.M. Montgomery {my review}

The Discovery of the Titanic by Robert D. Ballard {my review}

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis {my review}

Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome {my review}

Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters {my review}

Start Here by Alex & Brett Harris {my review}

Bleak House by Charles Dickens {my review}

The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown {my review}

Promise Me This by Cathy Gohlke {my review}


Truly, I had read toooo many good books past this year! It made very hard decisions for me, on which went into my official top 10 list. So, there are just a few more titles that deserve, at the least... honorable mentions:

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley {my review}

The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame {my review}

Unsinkable: The Full Story of the RMS Titanic by Daniel Allen Butler {my review}

The Birds' Christmas Carol by Kate Douglas Wiggin {my review}


Now, to guide you on to some other lovely bloggers who also shared their own 2013 favorite book lists: Hannah, Grace, Katie, Carrie




4 comments:

  1. Glad to see that you enjoyed "The Discovery of the Titanic" as much as I did, Tarissa. :)

    I didn't know (until now) that you started reading Narnia books, but I'm always happy when my friends read those!

    You really need to read Oliver Twist sometime too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celtic Anne1/06/2014

    Squeeee!!! So happy that both "Crocodile on the Sandbank" and "The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie" made it onto your list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celtic Anne1/06/2014

    How far have you made it in the Flavia books?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to re-read The Birds' Christmas Carol every year at the holidays. Must remember to borrow it from the library next December.

    ReplyDelete