In the Bookcase

3/09/2011

Books to Treasure

"March of Books" is something the Young Ladies Christian Fellowship's blog is doing for their 2nd time around. I was able to participate in the fun last March too, so I was excited when I found out they are doing it again. Check out their blog to see lots of book-related posts on their blog this month. One of the things that you can do right now is to take part in Snapshots of Favorite Books. You can take a look at everyone's photos on the YLCF site. I'm joining up and my post is below...

March of Books 2011 at ylcf.org

Sharing about books is my passion. I do it all the time on my blog. However, it was hard for me to decide which book to share about today. Picking one is impossible! Finally, it came to me---I'll share about those special books I have that I will keep forever. They are stories that I know I will read again and again throughout my life. I'm quite sure you know the kind that I'm talking about.


{Currently, this is my treasured stack of books.}


You can't go wrong with having "Little Women" as a part of your special books. Especially if it is a complete & unabridged, hardback copy with charming pictures of the lovely March girls.


"Les Miserables" is in there too--yes, that includes all 1463 pages of my copy.


...and it includes of the fine print that comes with such a book as "Les Miserables". Just seeing the photo of the inside pages makes me want to start reading the awesome book.


"Greyfriars Bobby" ~ possibly my VERY favorite book ever.

"Anne of Green Gables" ~ I enjoyed all 8 of my Anne books. They are truly one of a kind.

"Elsie Dinsmore" ~ I'm happy to say I do own all 28 of the original classics, although I'm not quite finished reading them all. As soon as I do finish the series, I know I will start it all over again.


So there they are. I think I'll stick with these books for a while, and maybe add some more books to my "keep forever" list.


What are the books that you will always treasure?




8 comments:

  1. Hi Tarissa!
    Little Women, Anne of Green Gables, and the Elsie series are some books that I really treasure too. I'm on book 6 in the Anne series, and I'm loving every bit of the series! Another book I treasure is The Secret Garden. Have you read that?


    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog!

    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, what a beautiful copy of little women! You already know that I love that book, but yours is absolutely beautiful! I need to get me a pretty copy like that one of these days! :)

    Thanks for sharing your pictures with us on YLCF this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your copy of Little Women, too! I also love Anne of Green Gables, the first book in the series most of all. :) Elsie Dinsmore is good, too (I've read about 9 of them). I've never read Greyfriars Bobby or Les Miserables (though we started it for school one time).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have read almost all of these books at some point! "Little Women" is one of my favorite classics, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Anne Of Green Gables, Little Women, and the Elsie Dinsmore series!
    Great post! Your blog is so interesting!

    ♥ Book blogger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, you have the exact same version of Anne of Green Gables that I do! My Mom saved it for me until I was old enough to read a book that big. ;) It's definitely one of my treasures.

    That's a great stack of books to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha as hard as it is to say... I think you might love reading even more then me! :DDD
    Your blog is adorable, I'm really lovin' it.

    xx,
    Bleah

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is by far THE prettiest edition of Little Women I have ever seen! So lovely.
    I've never heard of Greyfriars Bobby - I'm going to go look it up on Amazon now :)

    ~Kelsey

    ReplyDelete