In the Bookcase

6/30/2015

Closing the 2015 Louisa May Alcott Reading Challenge

"He who believes is strong; he who doubts is weak. Strong convictions precede great actions."
- Louisa May Alcott


Louisa May Alcott Reading Challenge ... JUNE 2015


Dearest readers,

I thank you for joining me this month in the Louisa May Alcott reading challenge. It has been amazing for me to relish in the writings of Miss Alcott right alongside you all. It seems Rose in Bloom (the sequel to Eight Cousins) was a popular choice among the challenge participants; it has been great seeing all the varying opinions on the same book. We all chose a good variety of books written by and about the charming Louisa May Alcott. (I found some excellent titles to add to my TBR list!)

I personally read 2 books for the challenge. You can see my reviews for each book:
Rose in Bloom // Little Women Next Door


Woman at a Window, 1822, C.D. Friedrich
Woman at a Window, 1822, C.D. Friedrich
Similar to opening scene of Chapter 2, Rose in Bloom



What books did you enjoy for the Louisa May Alcott challenge?

// Join the challenge... //

Submit your Louisa May Alcott blog or social media posts on the linky below. Any and ALL of your posts about Miss Alcott are welcome. If you decide to share a favorite quote, a book review, or any other thoughts... link up and take a look at some of the other participants' posts. Thank you for joining us!





My friends -- same time next year?


2 comments:

  1. Thank you again so much for asking me to join! I've enjoyed returning to one of my favorite authors and checking a few more books of my list(as well as winning the giveaway! :D). If you do this next year, I definitely plan to join and maybe go for a higher goal. :)
    And sorry about the extra links; somehow six posted rather than the one I tried to add.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the perfect summer challenge for me, thank you SO much for hosting it! :) It was nice to get back into reading some older classics after all the non-fiction history books I've been reading the past few years.

    Enjoy the rest of your summer!
    ~Rachel~

    ReplyDelete