In the Bookcase

6/30/2017

Closing out the 2017 Louisa May Alcott reading challenge

Louisa May Alcott Reading Challenge ::: JUNE 2017


Readers and fellow challenge-participants,

The time has come to close down the 2017 Louisa May Alcott reading challenge. We're done!

So, how did you fare in the challenge? Did you read all that you wanted of Miss Alcott for the summer?

I learned a lot more about Louisa myself, particularly from the biography I read: Invincible Louisa (see my review), which was a fun way to read a biography. Then I read from Louisa's own writings, and felt like I heard her true voice speaking through her words in the first volume of Aunt Jo's Scrap Bag (see my review).

Here's a BIG THANK YOU to EVERYONE who participated in the reading challenge and to Trix who hosted a special giveaway of her book The Courtship of Jo March! I appreciate you all for making this a fun and spectacular reading month. By the way, if you haven't finished your posts or reviews about the LMA books you got to read this month, that's okay — the link-up widget will still be open a few more days for any last words on the subject that you might have.

And in closing, I'll give you all some words of wisdom, from our literary friend...

"Do the things you know, and you shall learn the truth you need to know."
- Louisa May Alcott


See you next June! Or, perhaps in November & December... I'll be hosting the 2nd annual Christmas book challenge!

Signing off from the 2017 LMA challenge,











1 comment:

  1. How did I miss this? I love LMA. I hope you do it again next year - I'm going to make a list of reading challenges and put this on it.

    ReplyDelete