In the Bookcase

10/04/2019

My Top 5 Books on Childhood Favorites [Five Fall Favorites]



Today we're curling up with a fuzzy Blanket and books for the Five Fall Favorites event!




So come along with me, pick out your favorite blanket, and let's discuss some good books  + relish in some bonus fun!



Today's Topic:

CHILDHOOD FAVORITES
My Top 5 Books 

 

  



Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
(my review)       (add to Goodreads)





Lassie Come Home by Eric Knight



Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery
(my review)       (add to Goodreads)





Mandie mystery series by Lois Gladys Leppard
(my review)       (add to Goodreads)




Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder




That's my list of good books for today! I hope you may have found some new books you're interested in. Tune back in tomorrow (and the rest of the week) for another Top 5 list!






.....And now.....it's GIVEAWAY TIME!

Win a Fall Reading Basket! Open to International and US winners. 



 Includes signed paperback copies of several amazing books (+ a new release not pictured), a Five Fall Favorites mug, and an Amazon gift card. (If someone outside the U.S. wins, you'll receive Kindle copies of the books in the basket, and an Amazon gift card; the 2nd place winner would get the physical books but no gift card. Sound good?)

And... the more entrants there are, then the more prizes will be given out! Woohoo!!

Check out MORE bloggers' Top 5 posts about CHILDHOOD FAVORITES (to make your personal booklist positively explode), on the other participating blogs + there's a Kindle freebie every day this week (you just have to hunt for it!)... 


 http://readanotherpage.com/2019/top-5-giveaway-blog-hop-real-heroes/


Let's discuss it! What are YOUR favorite books from CHILDHOOD?


11 comments:

  1. All old friends... except Lassie (WHICH I REALLY WANT TO READ) and the Mandie books. I’ve read a few of that series, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those last two! Although, I don't think I've read many Mandie books...
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne! I need to read those all! I've only read the first book. I used to hate AoGG, because everyone called me Anne and I didn't like her. She's still not my favorite character, but no one calls me that anymore XD And I'm also probably the only person who doesn't like Gilbert...*grins sheepishly*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little House!! <33

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little House! Classic. :) I wasn’t allowed to read Anne as a child, but I enjoyed it as an adult. And Emily of New Moon has been on my TBR for quite some time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I just haven't read Emily of New Moon or the Mandie books. But the others are old friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Little House in the Big Woods a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10/04/2019

    I have read all of the books you listed. Great favorites.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are clearly some books I need to read. I've read The Little House Series. Childhood favorites are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have fond memories of the Little House books. I own the picture books too.

    ReplyDelete