In the Bookcase

11/07/2019

COYER Winter 2019 Sign-up



Winter COYER (with Friends) is upon us! Or it will be... in December. So I'm prepping now by signing up.


So, I've got to share about a book that I think everyone should read...


To be straight with you, I'm not exactly admitting this is my "favorite book" (because is SUPER hard to come up with a definite fave)... but this is a book that I think everybody could read, and probably should read... as everyone can benefit from the novel itself and the collection of characters in it...


To my avid blog followers, this answer is not far-fetched, since I somehow end up talking about it (and its author) quite often...


Yes, it's...



LITTLE WOMEN!




- - - - - - - - - -


Now, that the requirements are over, I've got a question for ya'll!

Would you be interested in doing a COYER Buddy Read with me?! If so, I'd be thrilled!

Leave me a comment or CONTACT ME to get in touch! (I'm not promising to agree to all book choices in advance, but I'll certainly consider any and all ideas you may have.)

I like to read Christian fiction, historical fiction, classic literature, non-fiction (on an exhaustive list of topics), and I do enjoy children's/middle-grade/YA books too.

Check out my GOODREADS SHELVES to see what we have in common for potential reads.

....AND.... Just thought I'd just go ahead and offer up some suggestions! Here are some of the very next titles I am interested in reading during December/January. I might update my list here once we get into the new year for some fresh buddy read ideas. So, my COYER friends,(LET ME KNOW if you'd like to buddy read a particular book or two with me, so that I'll wait to plan it with you.)



Fiction:

Only Gossip Prospers by Lorraine Tosiello
Finding Father Christmas by Robin Jones Gunn
Endless Christmas by Cynthia Ruchti
Silent Night by Stanley Weintraub
Christmas Angel by Abbie Farwell Brown
A Kremer Christmas Miracle by Kevin Kremer
Christmas in Winter Hill by Melody Carlson
Christmas Journey by Anne Perry
The Old Lace Shop by Michelle Griep
The Pink Bonnet by Liz Tolsma
Midnight on the River Grey by Abigail Wilson
The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson



Children's:


My Friend the Enemy by Daniel Smith
An Alcott Family Christmas by Alexandra Wallner
Louisa May and Mr. Thoreau's Flute by Julie Dunlap / Marybeth Lorbiecki



Non-fiction:

Vintage Christmas: Holiday Stories from Rural PEI by Marlene Campbell


- - - - - - - - - -


One more thing!

I'd like to invite EVERYONE to join my holiday-themed reading challenge, A Literary Christmas.

A Literary Christmas: Reading Challenge // inthebookcase.blogspot.com

Once you sign-up, you can link up your Christmas book reviews all season long! And maybe you'll find some new titles you want to check out too.

Plus.... a GIVEAWAY is coming too!







2 comments:

  1. Cheering you on, Tarissa! I'm going to listen to your rec for the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete