In the Bookcase

1/25/2023

Book Review: The Thief of Blackfriars Lane

The Thief of Blackfriars Lane (Blackfriars Lane #1)The Thief of Blackfriars Lane by Michelle Griep
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ah, one of my favorite authors (I don't even read the book summary anymore; I just grab it if it's a Michelle Griep novel), and my favorite historical time period and setting. Yes! I knew this book was a winner when I saw that beautifully Victorian cover.

If you are a fan of PBS Masterpiece, then I will tell you that this book has a vibe similar to Miss Scarlet and the Duke -- except that in this book, our heroine is a a bit of a thief, or at least gets her job done in slightly suspicious ways (and is not a lady detective by profession).

All in all, I am thoroughly pleased with the wild escapade I got to participate in by turning the pages of The Thief of Blackfriars Lane. Will definitely be picking up the sequel!

Content warning: For those with squeamish tendencies, there are a few sick scenes.

View all my reviews


0 written notes {Post a Comment}:

Post a Comment