In the Bookcase

1/03/2019

L. M. Montgomery Reading Challenge 2019

My January always has a little more happiness in it because I can spend it with a kindred spirit of old. The L.M. Montgomery challenge is here again!


Please, go read all about it on Carrie's blog.


L. M. Montgomery Reading Challenge


My booklist for this month-long challenge consists of:

(1) a novel by Montgomery
(2) a new release about the setting of the Anne books
(3) a new release about Marilla's backstory
(4) a re-read of a novel by Montgomery






Mistress Pat
by L. M. Montgomery (1935)




The Landscapes of Anne of Green Gables
The Enchanting Island that Inspired L. M. Montgomery
by Catherine Reid (2018)




Marilla of Green Gables
A Novel
by Sarah McCoy (2018)




Anne of Avonlea
by L. M. Montgomery (1909)




So? Anyone else want to read books by L.M. Montgomery this month?


6 comments:

  1. I'm planning to read the new book about Marilla, too. I look forward to your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Barabara. We'll practically be reading it together! Or least within the same month. I hope it turns out nicely.

      Delete
  2. K, I'll wait to hear what you and Barbara think before I touch the Marilla book. I've been looking at it skeptically (although I do hear good things of it). DEFINITELY let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie, I'm going to start the Marilla book soon. In a way, I'm REALLY excited for it, but on the flip side, I'm also very apprehensive. Some friends of mine have enjoyed it, so... I have hope! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, I want to do this! I love Anne! Good luck on this and thanks for the heads up. 💜✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. La La in the Library,
      Yesssss! Please come join us in the Montgomery challenge. I looove starting my year out with this challenge, because it prompts to read something I truly LOVE, right away.

      Delete