In the Bookcase

9/30/2019

My Top 5 Books on Real Heroes [Five Fall Favorites]



Today I'm coming to you LIVE... from a BENCH near you!

(Well, specifically from the Bench room that's here during the Five Fall Favorites event.)



So come along with me, find your seat on the Bench, and let's discuss some good books  + relish in some bonus fun!



Today's Topic:

REAL HEROES
My Top 5 Books 

 


  



The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom
(my review)       (add to Goodreads)





Through Gates of Splendor by Elisabeth Elliot



A Man Called Peter by Catherine Marshall
(my review)       (add to Goodreads)





I Can Only Imagine by Bart Millard
(my review)       (add to Goodreads)



Invincible Louisa by Cornelia Meigs




That's my list of good books for today! I hope you may have found some new books you're interested in. Tune back in tomorrow (and the rest of the week) for another Top 5 list!





.....And now.....it's GIVEAWAY TIME!

Win a Fall Reading Basket! Open to International and US winners. 



Includes signed paperback copies of several amazing books (+ a new release not pictured), a Five Fall Favorites mug, and an Amazon gift card. (If someone outside the U.S. wins, you'll receive Kindle copies of the books in the basket, and an Amazon gift card; the 2nd place winner would get the physical books but no gift card. Sound good?)

And... the more entrants there are, then the more prizes will be given out! Woohoo!!

Check out MORE Top 5 posts about REAL HEROES (to make your personal booklist positively explode), on the other participating blogs + there's a Kindle freebie every day this week (you just have to hunt for it!)... 


 http://readanotherpage.com/2019/top-5-giveaway-blog-hop-real-heroes/


Let's discuss it! What are YOUR favorite books about REAL HEROES?


16 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes! I love it that you listed I Can Only Imagine. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, The Hiding Place!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve read and enjoyed the first three you mentioned. Invincible Louisa looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve read none of these except “The Hiding Place” which is soo good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Bart Millard's story! It's so sad and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I've read the first two books, but haven't read the others.
    Lovely post, and I'd be happy to sit down and talk books with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo, I really want to read they one about Louisa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I'm Sadie! I found your blog through the Five Fall Favorites party! I've always wanted to read "The Hiding Place." Thanks for sharing your top books!

    -Sadie S.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read the first two books. The Hiding Place is the first Christian biography I've read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, yes, "The Hiding Place"! It's such a good book. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look good!! XD
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous9/30/2019

    Good choices.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, I LOVE 'The Hiding Place'! Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous10/01/2019

    All of those books are so inspiring!
    ~Writer Girl

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've read the first two! The Hiding Place is such a good, but hard read! I'm just off to look up a couple of the others on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous10/03/2019

    The Hiding Place is so good!
    ~Writer Girl

    ReplyDelete