In the Bookcase

10/02/2019

My Top 5 Books on Historical Non-Fiction [Five Fall Favorites]



Today we're out in the orchards, harvesting Bushels of scrumptious Fall treats (and also stuffing lots of book titles into our baskets) for the Five Fall Favorites event.



So come along with me, find your place among the Bushels, and let's discuss some good books  + relish in some bonus fun!



Today's Topic:

HISTORICAL NON-FICTION
My Top 5 Books 

 


  



The Band That Played On by Steve Turner
(my review)       (add to Goodreads)





Conan Doyle for the Defense by Margalit Fox



Dead Wake by Erik Larson
(my review)       (add to Goodreads)





The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
(my review)       (add to Goodreads)




The Night Lives On by Walter Lord




That's my list of good books for today! I hope you may have found some new books you're interested in. Tune back in tomorrow (and the rest of the week) for another Top 5 list!





.....And now.....it's GIVEAWAY TIME!

Win a Fall Reading Basket! Open to International and US winners. 



 Includes signed paperback copies of several amazing books (+ a new release not pictured), a Five Fall Favorites mug, and an Amazon gift card. (If someone outside the U.S. wins, you'll receive Kindle copies of the books in the basket, and an Amazon gift card; the 2nd place winner would get the physical books but no gift card. Sound good?)

And... the more entrants there are, then the more prizes will be given out! Woohoo!!

Check out MORE bloggers' Top 5 posts about HISTORICAL NON-FICTION (to make your personal booklist positively explode), on the other participating blogs + there's a Kindle freebie every day this week (you just have to hunt for it!)... 


 http://readanotherpage.com/2019/top-5-giveaway-blog-hop-real-heroes/


Let's discuss it! What are YOUR favorite books in HISTORICAL NON-FICTION?


10 comments:

  1. These all sound sooo good!!! The Titanic has always fascinated me and I’ve read every book about that that I could get my hands on. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, a Titanic fan XD I'll have to look into those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have "Boys in the Boat" but I haven't gotten to read it yet. :) I need to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to read these, they look so good - especially The Boys in The Boat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read any of those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, neat! I’ve heard of The Boys in the Boat—I’ll have to look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of these. There are so many good books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven’t read these either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read any of these but Conan Doyle for the Defense caught my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10/02/2019

    I have not read any of these books. They sound interesting.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete