In the Bookcase

6/30/2020

Closing out the 2020 Louisa May Alcott challenge!

Louisa May Alcott Reading Challenge


Readers and fellow challenge-participants,

The time has come to close down the 2020 Louisa May Alcott reading challenge. We're done!


Did you read everything on your Alcott challenge list?

The first thing I crossed off my Alcott booklist was something easy, a picture book actually: Louisa May and Mr. Thoreau's Flute <-- check out my review... This book takes a bit of Louisa's childhood and turns it into a delightful story for children to read and learn true facts from. Next, I listened to an audiobook of Behind a Mask, one of Miss Alcott's own stories, of a slightly darker variety than something like Little Women (prepare yourself for a web of secrets, deceit, and twists). And then I finished my booklist with a book suggestion from Barbara, the 1st book in the The Mother-Daughter Book Club series (wherein each book is based on another piece of classic lit).

But then... my Alcott-themed reads didn't stop there! A secret read popped up on my agenda, which I didn't tell you guys about before. Actually, I had the AMAZING chance to beta-read Amanda Tero's upcoming release, A Fine Day Tomorrow! This is one of my favorite reads of the whole year, and cannot wait for you guys to get to read this one too, when it comes out later this summer! (I'll keep you posted.)

For me, that was a blissful month of reading!


Louisa May and Mr. Thoreau's Flute Behind a Mask The Mother-Daughter Book Club



What did you read this month?


THANK YOU to EVERYONE who participated in the reading challenge. I appreciate you all for making this a fun and spectacular reading month. By the way, if you haven't finished your posts or reviews about the LMA books you got to read this month, that's okay — the link-up widget will still be open a few more days for any last words on the subject that you might have to share.



It's ALSO time to announce the winners of the Odds n Ends Quilt Shop corner bookmarks! As a reminder, here's what we had up for grabs...

Prairie Flowers fabric corner bookmarks

And now... the name of the lucky winner is:


Nancy P.


YAY!!!! I will be contacting the winner as soon as I can.



And in closing, I'll give you all some words of wisdom, from our literary friend...


"I ask not for any crown
But that which all may win;
Nor try to conquer any world
Except the one within."
- Louisa May Alcott


See you next June! Or, perhaps in November & December... I'll be hosting the annual Literary Christmas reading challenge!


Signing off from the 2020 LMA challenge,








If you'd like to learn more about the Louisa May Alcott reading challenge, visit this link to start at the beginning.








3 comments:

  1. I'm working on my last book--I have about five more hours of audiobook time. I always enjoy this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read 1 book (May Flowers) and need to finish the second story. :) Sounds like you loved all your chosen reads this month, Tarissa!

    Congrats Nancy!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally finished and reviewed Rose in Bloom! Thanks for hosting this, Tarissa--always a pleasure!

    ReplyDelete