In the Bookcase

7/05/2020

Big Book Summer Challenge Sign-up

Today I discovered the Big Book Summer Challenge, which invites you to dive into those large tomes sitting on your bookshelves! (i.e., anything over 400 pages)



Yep, I have some big books I'd like to knock out during 2020, so why not sweat them out in the heat of the summer?

Deadline: September 7th (Labor Day)


So here's some titles I'm planning to read. Who knows? Maybe I'll find some more along the way.

MALCOLM by George MacDonald

ALLEGIANT by Veronica Roth


WAR AND PEACE by Leo Tolstoy
      (*I'm only adding this last title tentatively... Actually, I think it will be long after summer before I finish!)


2 comments:

  1. Welcome, Tarissa, to the 2020 Big Book Summer Challenge! So glad you decided to join the fun!

    I loved Allegiant because all of my secrets/mysteries were finally revealed. And War and Peace? Wow! Impressive! I've NEVER read any Tolstoy, and I really want to give him a try. Whether you finish this summer or not, way to go!

    Remember, you can come back to the challenge page anytime to leave links (in the 2nd list) to Big Book reviews or updates.

    Enjoy your Big Books this summer!

    Sue

    2020 Big Book Summer Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I can't even manage to read small books lately, so... I'm guessing you'll do a lot better than I would. :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete