In the Bookcase

6/30/2021

Closing out the 2021 Louisa May Alcott reading challenge

Louisa May Alcott Reading Challenge


Readers and fellow challenge-participants,

The time has come to close down the 2021 Louisa May Alcott reading challenge. We're done!


Did you read everything on your Alcott challenge list?

The first thing I crossed off my Alcott booklist was something quick, a children's book actually: Amy's Story <-- check out my review... This little gem branches right off from Little Women itself, like a little bonus story about our favorite 4 sisters. Next, I dived into Louisa and the Country Bachelor, a intriguing murder mystery that Louisa May Alcott solves (it's all fictional, of course), but I found the characters of the Alcott family to be very true to life. I finished my booklist off with a treat from the grand American authoress herself, volume #3 of Aunt's Jo's Scrap-bag, called Cupid and Chow Chow, a delightful symphony of short stories geared towards children.

For me, that was a blissful month of reading!






What did you read this month?


THANK YOU to EVERYONE who participated in the reading challenge. I appreciate you all for making this a fun and spectacular reading month. By the way, if you haven't finished your posts or reviews about the LMA books you got to read this month, that's okay — the link-up widget will still be open a few more days for any last words on the subject that you might have to share.


Now in closing, I'll give you all some words of wisdom, from our literary friend...


"Human minds are more full of mysteries than any written book and more changeable than the cloud shapes in the air."
- Louisa May Alcott


See you next June! Or, perhaps in November & December... I'll be hosting the annual Literary Christmas reading challenge!


Signing off from the LMA challenge for this year,








If you'd like to learn more about the Louisa May Alcott reading challenge, visit this link to start at the beginning.





5 comments:

  1. I completely forgot, also some of the Alcott's I've been wanting to read I need to buy first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only got two books. One of my books was checked out at the library and I didn't have a chance to go get it if I requested it from another library. One I didn't feel like reading and the other I would have to buy so I added something else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sorry to have only just seen this challenge. Would have participated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like such a fun challenge! It has been a long time since I have read one of these classics! :)

    ReplyDelete